As Swirl, Sniff, Spit becomes rather popular (our last tasting filled up in 15 minutes) we thought we'd clarify how it all works. The page in the header above 'How It Works' just captures a few principles, nothing serious, just something we should have done a while ago surrounding the when, where and what etc.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
March 20th sees Swirl, Sniff, Spit host an alternative varietals tasting. Some of these grape varieties are rather well established in Australia, some grown by a mere handful of wineries. They may represent the future, they may be a passing fad.
Spaces open up for the tasting at 9am on the 12th March: first-in-best-dressed!
Running order and vintage subject to change
1) Yalumba Y Series Vermentino 2011
2) Fox Gordon 'Princess' Fiano 2011
3) Holm Oak Wines Arneis 2010
4) Lark Hill Wines GrünerVeltliner 2011
5) 919 Wines Petit Manseng 2011
6) Crittenden Wines Los Hermanos Tributo 2010
7) Brash Haggins Nero d'Avola 2011
8) Madeleine's Wine Nangkita Primitivo 2008
9) Mont Majura Graciano
10) Olivers Taranga Sagrantino
11) Chalmer's Wines Aglianico 2005