We've had a great response for the first #SwirlSniffSpit session - many thanks to those who responded and who we've confirmed for the session. So...
They're white, they're aromatic. They represent some of the best known varietals - red or white - in the wine world, old and new.
In this session we're going to look at classic white aromatics, an example of each type from the Old World (think Europe) and New Old (think Australia and elsewhere) - with the exception of the Riesling, where we look at an Australian take on the German Kabinett style.
The session will run from 18:00-20:00 where we will be tasting the above wines, led by the qualified members of the Swirl, Sniff, Spit team. After the tasting it would be great to stay around, share thoughts on the wines, share a glass of something and partake in some platters that our kind hosts, Era Bistro, are putting on (whilst the wine is free, platters are to be paid for).
1. Isabella Sauvignon Blanc, 2010, New Zealand
2. Rollander, Sancerre, France
1. Heggies Riesling 2010, Eden Valley
2. De Bortoli Kabinett Riesling 2010, Yarra Valley
1. Joseph Pinot Grigio 2010, McLaren Vale
2. Tiefenbrunner Pinot Grigio 2009, Italy
1. Spy Valley Pinot Gris 2010, NZ
2. Domaine Schlumberger 2004, Alsace, France
1. Yalumba Virgilius, Eden Valley, 2008
2. Yves Cuilleron "Les Chaillets" 2009, Condrieu, France
1. Stonecroft, 2009, NZ
2. Domaine Zind-Humbrecht, 2008, Alsace, France