Love it or loathe it, Chardonnay is quite a polarising variety. Many say "I don't like Chardonnay", but which one? As with many of the great varietals, Chardonnay can be greatly influenced by the of the winemaker. Many of the great wines of the world are made with Chardonnay: Champagne, the great whites of Burgundy, icons of Australia such as Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay, Oakridge 864 Chardonnay, Cullen Kevin John...I could go on.
This line up of Chardonay at the second Swirl, Sniff, Spit event is designed to showcase what is great and good about this most noble of varietals.
1. Stefano Lubiana Primavera 2010, Tasmania
2. Christian Moreaux 2009, Chablis AC, France
1. De Bortoli Reserve Chardonnay 2008, Yarra Valley, Australia @DeBortoliWines
2. Eldridge Estate Estate Chardonnay 2008, Mornington Peninsula, Australia @EldridgeEstate
1. Witches Falls Wild Ferment Chardonnay 2009, Granite Belt, Queensland, Australia @TheWineryWitch
2. BK Wines Picadilly Valley Chardonnay 2009, Adelaide Hills, Australia @BKWines
1. Fraser Gallop Estate Chardonay 2009, Margaret River, Western Australia, Australia @FraserGallopEst
2. Forrest Hill Estate Chardonnay 2009, Mount Barker, Western Australia @ForestHillWines
1. Felton Road Chardonnay 2009, Central Otago, New Zealand @FeltonRoadWine
2. Man O' War Vineyard Valhalla Chardonnay 2009, Waiheke Island, New Zealand @ManOWarNZWine
1. Les Heretiers Du Comte Lafon '09 Macon Villages, Macon, France2. Burgundy 1er Cru TBC